Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 May 2015

Gone....




Gone...

From 5 hours and 3000 miles away
You climbed into my heart.
Together we came
Ten full years you stayed.

Not always liking
Not always kind,
But always loving.
In sickness and health.

Three months you went from me
But just a little way
Three months I followed;
Almost daily I came.

A weakness took your body
A fear took your mind.
Then just one day I slipped away
No usual "goodbye"
Because you were sleeping.

There was a day after that.
I couldn't see you
Things to do; people to see.

On Sunday, fate refused me your visit.
But "Never mind.....
I'll see you Tomorrow"
I texted to you.

But that night you left me
(I didn't know till you'd gone)
To go
Where I can't follow.
Not just a train and a bus rise away
Not 3000 miles, 5 hours and a flight.
But gone away forever
Through time and space.

Did you need me?
Were you sad?
Were you fearful and alone?
Did you, oh please, DID you?
Know how much I loved you?

There is
No time for kindness.
No time to like.
No time for "Goodbye".
To hug and hold on to.

To eternity and infinity
Last night you took my heart.
Godspeed and love you forever.
My dear.

Because no more,
"See you tomorrows"
Are left.

No comments:

Post a Comment