Search This Blog

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Sonnet 18 Revamped



Sonnet 18 Revamped

Shall I compare me to a bland sort of mediocre day?
A nothing, a not very important in the scheme of things. A nobody?
Never lovely, but monotonously, tediously, temperate.
Harsh winds do batter, snatch and pull.
Short summer's lease gone way too long ago.
I can stand unseen in the heat of the sun,
Merge into the mufflling dark of the clouds.
What was never fair or attractive cannot decline,
It fades without fanfare into deeper nothingness.
My brief dank summer faded long ago
None shall remember my heaviness of heart
Only the shadow of death shall cover and possess it.
No eternity for me when I am gone.
So long as men can breathe or men can see
My life shall remain ever hidden in mediocrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment